Pear, watercress and pomegranate salad
A fresh and delicious combination of ingredients make this salad one to remember!
- 8 handfuls watercress or sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate’s seeds
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts or 1/4 cup croutons
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mild mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put watercress or romaine in a serving bowl, sprinkle pear on top.
- In a jar, add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then drizzle in the olive oil. Refrigerate until needed.
- Drizzle with half of the dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and croutons if using.
- Season with pepper and honey.