Peach melba, fruits and berries recipe, brought to you by Australian Women's Weekly
- 4 (600g) ripe medium peaches
- 400 g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring to the boil. Add the peaches and simmer gently, uncovered, 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peaches to a bowl of cold water. When peaches are cold, remove skins, halve, and discard stones.
- Meanwhile, push half the raspberries through a fine sieve. Sweeten the purée with icing sugar to taste.
- Serve the peach halves with raspberry purée, remaining raspberries and vanilla ice-cream, if you like.