Peach and kaffir lime chutney
Nici Wickes' peach and kaffir lime chutney makes a great pairing for seafood, such as crumbed fish, or try it with sticky pork or other Asian-inspired dishes like soy chicken
- 5 kg peaches, peeled, destoned and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 200 g brown sugar
- 250 ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- In a large saucepan, gently bring all the ingredients to a simmer and cook until thickened – about 35-45 minutes.
- Spoon into hot, sterilised jars and secure the lids.
- Wipe jars clean and leave to cool.
Home-made fish fingers
- Cut fillets of fresh gurnard into fingers. Dredge in flour, dip in beaten egg, then in seasoned panko crumbs.
- Shallow-fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with chutney.