Peach and gin frozen slushie cocktail
Introducing your summer cocktail go-to! This cooling peach and gin slushie recipe so simple and refreshing, with a silky texture that sits somewhere between a sorbet and a frozen cocktail
- 8 ripe white peaches. with bases scored
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- 80 g (1 bunch) mint
- 40 ml gin
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 white peaches, cut into thin wedge
- lime wedges, to serve
- Blanch peaches, with bases scored, in a saucepan of boiling water until skins split (30 seconds), refresh in iced water, then drain and peel. Chop peaches, spread on a tray lined with baking paper and place in freezer until semi-frozen (1-1½ hours).
- Meanwhile, stir caster sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add mint. Cool to room temperature, strain (discard mint), add gin and the juice of limes, and refrigerate to chill.
- Process chilled peach and syrup to taste in a blender until smooth, then transfer to a container and freeze until spoonable (1-2 hours).
- To serve, chill 6 small serving glasses in the freezer. Divide peaches, cut into thin wedges among glasses, drizzle with a little extra gin, and spoon in slushie peach mixture and serve with lime wedges.