Pavlova wreath with mascarpone cream
This scrumptious pavlova wreath recipe adds a fun twist to the classic Kiwi Christmas treat. Top with mascarpone cream and plenty of summer berries to create a showstopping festive finale!
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- halved strawberries, blueberries, raspberries to serve
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g tub mascarpone
- Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line a round oven tray with baking paper, then mark a 22cm circle on the paper.
- In a large, clean bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Dollop mixture in rounds, close together on tray to form a wreath shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120°C. Bake for a further 45 minutes. Turn off oven. Allow pavlova to cool with the oven door ajar to fully dry out.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract together until soft peaks form. Gently fold into mascarpone.
- Top wreath with dollops of mascarpone cream and mixed berries. Dust with icing sugar, if desired.