Passionfruit baba, passionfruit recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 150 g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp (see notes)
- 1/2 453g tub vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 21cm (base measurement) baba cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar. zest, eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl, on low speed, until combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat for 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth and combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the passionfruit pulp.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Trim base of cake to sit flat. Transfer cake to serving plate. Stir half the remaining passionfruit into frosting. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake. Drizzle with remaining passionfruit.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.