Passionfruit baba, passionfruit recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 150 g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp (see notes)
- 1/2 453g tub vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 21cm (base measurement) baba cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar. zest, eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl, on low speed, until combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat for 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth and combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the passionfruit pulp.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Trim base of cake to sit flat. Transfer cake to serving plate. Stir half the remaining passionfruit into frosting. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake. Drizzle with remaining passionfruit.