- 500 g beef mince
- 1/2 cup resh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 garlic, cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce of choice
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven grill to moderate, 1800C.
- In a large bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, egg, parmesan and garlic. Season to taste and mix well.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into rough balls. Arrange on tray and chill until required.
- In a large ovenproof frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook meatballs 4-5 minutes, turning on all sides, until evenly browned.
- Pour sauce over and bring to simmer. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over meatball mixture. Grill 4-5 minutes, on middle shelf of oven, until cheese is melted and golden and mixture is bubbling. Top with extra parsley to serve. Accompany pasta with steamed green beans, if liked.