Parmesan basil croquettes with pesto aioli
Put that leftover squash to good use in this delicious croquette recipe. Crunchy, cheesy and oh-so moreish, these bites are perfect for entertaining. Serve with pesto aioli for a tasty finishing touch
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup store-bought aioli
- 2 tbsp store-bought basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Use a fork to loosen the squash into threads and place in a mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, cheese and basil and season. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into plum-sized portions, then mould into barrel shapes and place the croquettes on a metal baking tray. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden then turn and bake a further 8-12 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Make the pesto aioli (see below). Serve the basil croquettes with the pesto aioli as a dipping sauce.
- Combine the aioli and pesto and mix.