Paleo bread loaf
Qualified clinical nutritionist Natalie Brady shares her delicious paleo bread loaf recipe. Even though it's completely grain and gluten-free, it tastes really good and toasts beautifully!
- 1 1/2 cups nuts or seeds (Natalie uses half pumpkin seeds and half sunflower seeds)
- 2 cups raw vegetables, peeled/ grated/cubed, such as grated courgette. Pumpkin, sweet potatoes or carrots also work well
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter)
- pinch of sea salt
- optional additions: chopped nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grind nuts/seeds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add raw vegetables, egg yolks, oil and salt and mix until veg/fruit is finely ground and mixture is like a thick batter.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites with an electric mixer.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped egg whites to the food processor bowl and mix until combined. Turn batter out into a large bowl and gently (but thoroughly) fold through remaining egg whites, and any additions you'd like to the batter (such as chopped nuts).
- Place batter into greased loaf tin and bake for 40-50 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
For recipes, tips and inspiration from Natalie, visit www.nataliebrady.co.nz