Pad thai, chicken recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 250 g chang's thai-style rice noodles (pad thai)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice, plus wedges, to serve
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 green onions (shallots), diagonally sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup (45g) unsalted peanuts, roasted, chopped
- Prepare noodles according to packet directions; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok on high. Add egg; swirl to coat sides. Cook 30 seconds, until set. Slice.
- Heat remaining oil; stir-fry garlic, chilli sauce and onion 1 minute. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add noodles and combined lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar to heat through. Toss through egg, green onion and coriander. Scatter over peanuts; serve with lime wedges.