One-pan ham, spuds and vegetables
There's no need to throw out your Christmas leftovers, give them a makeover instead! The brown butter, or beurre noisette, gives these basic leftovers a truly incredible lift.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 small new potatoes, cooked
- 300 g ham, pulled into hunks rather than sliced (see note)
- 200 g asparagus or beans
- 125 g butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 radishes, sliced
- handful flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, cooking until golden and crunchy in places. Add the ham and cook until browned in places, then add in the asparagus or beans to heat through. Push to one side of the pan and in the space created, add the butter and cook until it melts, foams and turns a nutty golden brown. Add the lemon juice and swirl to combine.
- Bring the other ingredients in to get coated in the butter. Season with salt and pepper, then serve with sliced radish and a handful of roughly torn parsley leaves.