One-pan chicken parmigiana with spinach
It doesn't get much easier than this delicious one-pan meal! This chicken parmigiana recipe makes quick work of creating this Italian favourite for a speedy weeknight dinner the family will love
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- 500 g jar pasta sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Halve each chicken breast horizontally, place between 2 pieces of baking paper and beat with a rolling pin to an even thickness. Cut into pieces, each around the size of your palm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 26cm frying pan. Coat the chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off excess, then lightly brown in the pan, adding additional oil as needed. When both sides are coloured, remove to a plate.
- Add wine to the pan, stir and simmer until reduced by half, then add the spinach and stir with a wooden spoon until wilted. Arrange the chicken in a single layer over the spinach.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the top and simmer gently for 10 minutes, turning the chicken pieces once during cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Check the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce, then the breadcrumbs. Place the pan under the grill for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling.