Get nourished with this delicious recipe. Full of flavour and texture, these quick and easy vegetarian nourish bowls are perfect for a filling yet healthy weeknight meal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups (250g) butternut pumpkin, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 125 g haloumi, sliced
- 250 g packet microwave brown and wild rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- toasted sunflower seeds, lemon wedges to serve
- 100 g packet baby spinach
- 1 avocado, seeded, quartered
- 1 mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a saucepan, heat half the oil on high. Sauté pumpkin, onion and ginger for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, chickpeas and water, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes until thickened. Season to taste.
- In a medium frying pan, heat remaining oil on high. Cook haloumi slices for 1 minute each side until golden brown. Divide between four serving bowls with rice.
- For salad: Arrange all salad ingredients among bowls with dhal and rice, separating into sections.
- Top each bowl with haloumi. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Accompany with lemon wedges.