No-choc crackle slice
We are obsessed with this no-choc crackle slice! Packed with powerfoods such as chia seeds and sunflower seeds, this nutritious and delicious snack is perfect for the lunchbox.
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- freeze-dried strawberries, crushed, to serve
- Line a 26cm x 16cm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine puffed rice, seeds and cocoa.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil and maple syrup and heat on medium. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and pour into puffed rice mixture. Stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Using the back of a teaspoon, flatten and level. Sprinkle with crumbled dried strawberries. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 8 bars to serve.