No-bake avocado, mint and lime cheesecake
Avocado for dessert?! This avocado cheesecake recipe is here to make every avo lover's dream a reality. Gently flavoured with mint, lime and scattered with dark chocolate, this no-bake cake is a must-try for any avocado addict
- 20 plain biscuits (about ¾ packet)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 110 g butter, melted
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tsp matcha powder or spirulina powder – optional (see recipe tip)
- 12 mint leaves, finely shredded, plus a few whole leaves to garnish
- 2 tbsp finely grated lime zest, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp gelatine
- cacao nibs and dark chocolate, to decorate
- Whizz biscuits to fine crumbs then add cacao and coconut and pulse to mix well. Add butter and whizz until mixture clumps together.
- Press the crumbs into a lined 20cm springform tin and smooth down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill while you make the filling.
- Whizz the avocados, matcha powder (if using), shredded mint, zest and honey until smooth. Add the cream cheese and crème fraîche and blend until well mixed.
- Place the water in a small, microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on top. Allow to swell and become spongy for a few minutes. Then heat gently in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and stir until dissolved and clear. Cool, then whizz with the avocado mixture until just blended.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto biscuit base and smooth the top. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and chopped dark chocolate. Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
- To serve, gently run a thin knife around the edge of the cheesecake and carefully unclip the tin. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with extra chopped chocolate, lime zest and mint.