Nice and spicy - spiced chorizo rice
Nice and spicy - spiced chorizo rice, rice recipe, brought to you by recipes+
Spiced chorizo rice
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tbsp moroccan spice blend
- 3 chorizo sausages, chopped
- 200 g haloumi, sliced
- 4 eggs
- Place rice, spice blend and 3 cups cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over moderate heat. Reduce heat; cook, covered. for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered. for 5 minutes (do not lift lid). Using a fork, fluff rice to separate grains.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and stir sausage for 4-5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Add haloumi to pan; cook for 1 minute each side or until browned. Stir haioumi and chorizo into rice. Reduce heat to low.
- Crack eggs into pan; cook eggs for 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Spoon rice into serving dishes: top each with an egg. Serve at once.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.