- 3 sliced onions
- 350 g trimmed, roughly chopped cauliflower
- 150 g trimmed, chopped green beans
- 1 seeded, sliced red capsicum
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup coarse cooking salt
- 1/4 cup wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- bread rolls, cheese and sliced
- cold cuts, to serve
- In a bowl, combine onion, cauliflower, beans, capsicum, zucchini and salt. Mix well. Cover and set aside overnight.
- Rinse vegetables thoroughly and drain well. Transfer to a large saucepan with mustard mustard powder, curry powder and turmeric.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups vinegar and sugar. Heat on low, stirring Without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce to medium and simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining vinegar and flour, whisking until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to boil, stirring, until mixture thickens. Simmer 3 minutes. Pour into hot; sterilised jars and seal. Serve on rolls with cheese and sliced cold cuts.