Mulled wine, other recipe, brought to you by Madison
- 3/4 cup (185ml) brandy
- 3/4 cup (185ml) water
- 1 orange, zest cut into strips
- 1 lemon, zest cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 8 cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 bottles (1.5 litres) merlot
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, place the brandy, water, orange and lemon zests, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes so all the flavours can infuse.
- Add the red wine, bring back to a simmer then remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.