Muffin pan frittata
This muffin pan frittata recipe creates the perfect low carb meal! Fill with any leftover veges you have on hand and serve for breakfast, lunch or a fuss-free dinner with relish and a fresh side salad
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1/2 a capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of mixed herbs
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash (see recipe tips)
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- tomato relish and chopped spring onion, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Gently fry onion, bacon, courgette and capsicum in oil until soft. Add herbs, chilli flakes and spinach, then fold in the cooked squash. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Add the cooled vegetable mixture and fold in. Add the grated cheese and pour into muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden. Frittatas will sink on cooling. Serve with relish and onion.