Mojito panna cotta
This mojito panna cotta recipe is silky and light, making it the perfect dessert for any long dinner party. It is so simple to make, but the result is elegant and delicious.
- 500 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp rum, to taste
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Grease six 120ml pudding or dariole moulds, or tea cups.
- Place cream, milk, sugar, mint leaves and lime zest in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes until almost simmering. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, rum and gelatine. Stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug. Discard solids. Pour mixture into prepared dishes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a small knife around edge of moulds. Dip bases of each briefly in hot water. Turn panna cotta out onto a serving plate. Drizzle with a little maple syrup, if desired.
For Sophie Gray's best lime tips and tricks, go to In season with Food magazine: limes.