Mince pies, pastry recipe, brought to you by Madison
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (80g) almond meal
- pinch of salt
- 175 g chilled butter, diced
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 410 g jar fruit mince
- icing sugar, to dust
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar, almond meal, salt and butter into a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- With the motor running, add the water, a tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
- Gently knead the dough then divide in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Roll one piece of dough out between two sheets of baking paper until it is about 3mm thick.
- Cut out 7cm rounds and evenly push into 18 holes of two 12-hole patty cake tins. Spoon the fruit mince into each one.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and cut out star shapes and 6cm rounds from the pastry.
- Place the round lids and star lids onto the tartlets and gently push to seal.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden-brown. Leave to cool then dust with icing sugar.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.