Mexican-style grilled corn
Upgrade your usual grilled corn with this delicious Mexican-style corn recipe! Smothered in lime, garlic, spices, mayo and rolled in cheese, this side dish is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ!
- 4 corn cobs, husk left on
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- juice of a lime
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Mexican spice mix
- 80 g Manchego cheese, grated (see recipe tips)
- Soak the corn in the husks in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue to high, then grill the corn in their husks until almost black. Peel the corn and continue to grill it for about 10 minutes, or until it has turned a nice roasted colour.
- In a small bowl whisk together the butter, lime juice, garlic and mayonnaise. Insert a skewer or chopstick into the base of the corn then brush over the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle over the Mexican spice mix then roll the cobs in the cheese. Serve straight away.