Melting camembert in golden pastry
Love cheese? This recipe sees golden puff pastry stuffed with camembert, chutney and dried fruits then baked 'til melted, gooey perfection. Serve with fresh fruit and crackers at your next drinks or party
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, plus extra ¼ sheet for decorating, if desired
- 125 g wheel camembert
- 2 tbsp sweet fruit chutney
- 4 dried apricots, sliced
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 2 cubes crystallised ginger, sliced
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- fruit and gourmet crackers, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Lay the sheet of pastry on a lined baking tray and place the Camembert in the centre. Spoon chutney on top of the cheese, then pile on the apricots, cranberries and ginger. Brush the pastry edges with the egg wash, then gather up the opposing corners into a little bundle to enclose the cheese. Use more pastry to make decorative leaves, if desired. Brush all over with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to set for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with fruit and gourmet crackers.
Recipe by : Jo Wilcox
Photography by : Jae Frew