Mashed potatoes, potato recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 1 kg potatoes, such as sebago, peeled, halved
- 40 g butter
- 1 cup (250ml) hot milk
- pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
- Place potato in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to boil on medium heat. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until easily pierced with a skewer.
- Drain and return to saucepan. Shake over heat for 1-2 minutes, or until completely dry.
- Mash well with a potato masher, then beat with a wooden spoon until very smooth.
- Add butter and gradually beat in hot milk until light and fluffy. Season with salt, a grinding of pepper and nutmeg. Serve.