I decided to see how hard it is to make your own marshmallows, the way Nana used to.
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 tsp gelatine
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Put the sugar and the water in a bowl and use the electric mixer for about 5 minutes to mix together well.
- Dissolve the gelatine in hot water and keep it at this temperature. Pour it into the sugar mixture while you are beating.
- Beat until thick and white, like egg whites, then add the vanilla.
- Pour into a greased sponge tin and leave to set at room temperature until it is firm.
- Cut into squares with a warmed knife and coat with coconut, finely grated.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.