This Marshmallow Slice takes almost no cooking and minimal preparation. Serve for morning or afternoon tea, take to work to share with your friends, or put a batch together for a children's party.
- 250 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 250 g vanilla marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 300 ml cream
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Grease and line a deep 18cm square cake pan with baking paper, extending paper on 2 opposite sides for handles. Process biscuits until crushed. Add butter and coconut; process to combine. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place marshmallows, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows have melted. Stir in zest and juice. Transfer the mixture to a medium heatproof bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream to soft peaks in a small bowl. Fold cream into marshmallow mixture. Pour over slice; sprinkle with coconut. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 4 hours (preferably overnight) to set. Cut into slices to serve.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.