Marinated snapper with lime, coconut and chilli
This beautifully fresh marinated snapper recipe is a sophisticated twist on a Kiwi favourite. Lime, coconut cream and mango combine to create a delicate dish that's a must for summer entertaining
- 500 g fresh snapper fillets or similar white fish
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 165 ml can coconut cream
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 fresh mango, sliced radish, and coriander; edible flower petals (optional)
- Slice the snapper into small even-sized pieces. In a shallow dish combine the lime, lemon juice and salt and then add the snapper, tossing gently to combine. Chill for 6 hours or overnight until the fish turns opaque and firm.
- Drain off excess juice and add the coconut cream, lime leaf, chilli and shallot. Season to taste.
- To serve, arrange the marinated fish slices on individual plates and decorate with sliced mango, radish slices, coriander and flower petals (if using). Drizzle with a little of the excess coconut marinade.