Thick or thin, this Italian specialty has you covered.
Wholemeal pizza dough
- 150 g white flour
- 50 g wholemeal flour
- pinch salt
- 60 ml low-fat milk
- 60 ml water
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 50 g buffalo mozzarella
- 2 tbsp basil
- Sift together white and wholemeal flours and salt, and leave in a warm place.
- Gently heat milk and water to blood temperature, then add yeast and sugar. Leave in a warm place for yeast to activate and bubble.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and mix to form a dough. Turn out onto a board and knead by hand, or in a mixer, until smooth. Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Knead again and rest for 20 minutes before using.
- Sprinkle flour onto a board. Divide dough in half and roll out as thinly as possible into 2 pizza bases.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place baking trays in oven to heat.
- Spread tomato sauce on both bases and top with mozzarella. Place on hot trays.
- Bake in preheated oven until base is crisp and lightly browned.
- Arrange basil on top and serve.