Maple, thyme and garlic baked kumara slices
This baked kumara recipe may just be your new favourite side dish! It's gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly, without requiring any fancy ingredients. Plus it goes well with...well, just about everything!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 kumara, various colours, very thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- several thyme sprigs or a pinch of dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Grease a heatproof baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Rub the kumara slices gently with the garlic-infused oil and season with a pinch of salt. Gather the slices together in a stack (if using different colours, alternate them in the stack).
- Arrange the stack to form a spiral pattern, propping in position if needed with a ball of foil, pie funnel or heatproof ramekin. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes; when starting to crisp at the edges cover lightly with foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until tender.