Macaroni cheese, pasta recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 300 g macaroni
- 45 g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) tasty cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed, diced
- salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230°C or 210°C fan. Grease a 6-cup ovenproof dish.
- Cook macaroni according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Return to heat and stir in milk. Bring to boil, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add macaroni, 3/4 cup of tasty cheese, parmesan and mustard. Season and mix well.
- Pour into prepared dish. Mix bread with remaining cheese. Scatter over macaroni. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until topping is golden. Serve with salad.