Macadamia Florentine ice-cream sandwiches
These macadamia Florentine ice-cream sandwiches are such a delicious treat for dessert on a hot day! Top with dried fruit, nuts and glacé ginger to make these extra festive.
- 80 g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamias
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup glacé ginger, coarsely chopped
- 150 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, salt and cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined. Fold in flour and ground ginger (don’t overmix). Remove from heat.
- Once mixture is cool enough to handle, work in batches, dropping 2 tablespoons of mix on top of each other onto prepared trays, leaving a 3cm gap between each dollop (mixture should spread to an 8cm round and make 12 rounds in total). Sprinkle macadamias, cranberries and glacé ginger evenly over the Florentines.
- Bake Florentines for 22 minutes or until light-golden in the centre, rotating trays during cooking so they brown evenly. Cool on trays.
- Microwave chocolate in a small bowl on high in 30-second bursts, stirring well between each burst, until melted. Cool slightly.
- Scoop slightly softenedice cream into 6 large balls. Sandwich 1 scoop between 2 Florentines, placing Florentines top-side up. Gently press together to form even sandwiches. Dip each sandwich a third of the way down into melted chocolate. Place on a tray and freeze until chocolate sets.
- Serve ice-cream sandwiches straight from the freezer.