Little ham and cheese wrap tarts
These make a great alternative to pastry.
- 4 large plain or flavoured wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced ham, bacon, smoked chicken, etc
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- cherry tomatoes and microgreens or herbs to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut three circles (use a saucer or cutter) from each wrap and press into a medium muffin tin to make a nest that comes up the sides.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and ham for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Divide the cheese between the nests and top with a spoonful of onion and ham mixture.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and salt and pour over wrap filling (about ¾ full), bake for 12-18 minutes until golden, puffed and set in the middle.
- Serve garnished with halved cherry tomatoes and microgreens or herbs.