Linguine with rocket pesto, anchovy and chilli
Whip up a flavour-packed meal in just 15 minutes with this delicious linguine recipe. You'll love the combination of zesty homemade rocket pesto, salty anchovies and spicy chilli
- 500 g linguine
- 100 g rocket, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 10 whole anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 3 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- slivered almonds, chilli flakes to serve
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook linguine following packet instructions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse rocket, olive oil, lemon juice and half the garlic until combined. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat extra olive oil on medium. Cook tomato, anchovies, chillies and remaining garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking water, rocket pesto and parmesan to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until sauce has thickened and pasta is hot. Season to taste.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with slivered almonds, extra rocket and chilli flakes.