Lime and ginger tart
Lime and ginger are a match made in heaven, and this tart shows that off beautifully. Made with a creamy and zingy filling inside a crunchy gingernut base, one slice will never be enough!
- 250 g gingernut biscuits
- 90 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml canned condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cream
- zest and juice 2 juicy limes
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm loose-bottom flan tin.
- Crush or process the biscuits to fine crumbs. Combine with the melted butter and press into the base and sides of the prepared tin. Place on a baking tray.
- In a large jug combine the eggs, condensed milk and cream. Gradually whisk in lime zest and juice.
- Pour onto the crust and bake for 30 minutes, until just set. Cool then chill in the fridge.
For Sophie Gray's best lime tips and tricks, go to In season with Food magazine: limes.