Lemongrass and satay chicken rainbow rolls
These satay chicken rainbow rolls are a perfect starting dish for summer. Bursting with fresh flavours and a delicious dollop of Exotic Food's Satay Sauce, it's like having a taste of sunshine.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Exotic Food Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Exotic Food Oyster Sauce
- 1 makrut (kaffir) lime leaf, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped lemongrass
- handful chopped coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 200 g chicken, sliced into thin strips
- 12 Exotic Food Rice Paper Wraps
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 16 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup Exotic Food Satay Sauce
- 2 carrots, shredded or julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 tbsp each fresh mint, basil and coriander, chopped
- Exotic Food Satay Sauce, for dipping
- Exotic Food Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the soy and oyster sauces in a bowl with the sliced makrut lime leaf, garlic, lemongrass, coriander and lime juice. Add the sliced chicken and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking pan lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes turning once or twice, or until cooked. Set aside to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
- To assemble: pour warm water into a shallow bowl. Soak rice paper wraps two or three at a time in the water until softened. Drain and place on a clean tea towel.
- Arrange a selection of sliced vegetables down the centre. Add a rolled lettuce leaf, a smear of satay sauce, some cooked chicken and a sprinkle of herbs. Roll up and tuck in ends to secure. Repeat until all the filling is used. Arrange on a serving platter with satay sauce and sweet chilli dipping sauce for dunking.