Lemon-scented rose cupcake
These delightful lemon-scented rose cupcakes are perfect enjoyed for morning or afternoon tea, served with a hot cup of tea or coffee
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- ready to roll icing, roses and flowers
- 1 pot vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, butter, milk and lemon. Beat slowly until blended, then on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or more if needed, until pale and smooth. Spoon mixture into the cupcake papers, filling to just over halfway. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden and the cake tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool completely before decorating. Top each cupcake with frosting or rolled out royal icing. Garnish with flowers or decorations of your choice.