Lemon meringue pie shots
These lemon meringue pie shots are about to become your favourite new dessert. Super easy to make and combining the flavours we all know and love, one will never be enough.
- 120 g butternut snap biscuits
- 420 g store-bought lemon curd
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Process the biscuits until fine crumbs form. Divide crumbs between 12 x 1/3-cup shot glasses. Spoon curd into a piping bag; pipe curd onto crumbs in glasses.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar constantly in a small saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 50°C. Transfer to a small bowl; beat or whisk with an electric mixer on high speed for 10 minutes or until firm peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue into a clean piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain tube. Pipe meringue on top of the curd. Using a kitchen blowtorch, lightly toast meringue until golden.