Lemon, honey and ricotta tart
Autumn is the time when new season honey is available and it really is such a wonderful ingredient to use in baking, especially in Nici's deliciously sweet lemon, honey and ricotta tart.
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoon plain flour
- 100 g honey, warmed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, plus 1 tbsp juice
- 400 g ricotta
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 dried figs
- 1 tbsp honey
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 22cm ceramic dish.
- Beat the eggs with the first measure of sugar until pale, thick and foamy. Beat in the flour, honey, zest and juice until combined. Fold in the ricotta.
- Pour into the baking dish, give it a little shake to distrubute evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and set. Turn the oven off, open the door a little, then allow the tart to cool there for 15 minutes before removing. Mix the caster sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over.
- While the tart is baking, cover the figs with boiling water and leave until soft and plump. Halve them.
- Heat 1 tbsp honey with a dash of water until foamy.
- Serve the tart in slices with the figs, a drizzle of honey syrup and whipped cream, if desired.