Lemon and blueberry yoghurt cake
We can’t rave about this cake enough! It’s so easy to make and has a beautiful high rise, a delicate, moist crumb plus it tastes phenomenal thanks to the lemon/blueberry combo.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- rind of 2-3 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup yoghurt
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, dusted in a little flour
- Preheat oven to 180oC (or 160oC fan bake). Grease a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin.
- Put the sugar and rind in a food processor, then blitz until finely chopped. Transfer to the bowl of a standing mixer. Add in the eggs and oil, beating until creamy. Add the yoghurt, salt and juice, beating until mixed. Fold in the flour and berries, mixing until combined.
- Scrape into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve the cake with dollop of soft-whipped cream, if you like.