Here’s another way of making this humble family favourite even easier! I have added the grated carrot and baby spinach to the mix so you will only need a simple salad to serve. Plus my cheat’s version of a white cheese sauce make this dish as easy as possible.
- 30 ml oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 500 g beef mince
- 250 ml rich beef stock
- 1 tin diced whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- all-purpose seasoning or similar
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, garlic and mixed herbs for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the beef and break up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Add the stock and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes until saucy.
- Add a third of the beef mixture to the bottom of a slow cooker and top with a layer of pasta sheets. Continue with another two layers, finishing with the pasta layer.
- Whisk the sour cream and egg together until smooth, then stir in grated cheese. Spoon the cheese sauce mixture over the top pasta sheet to cover it completely.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and cook for 4½ hours on medium until the pasta sheets are tender.
- Serve with salad.