Kylie’s chocolate caramel slice
Imagine your favourite chocolate slice, take it up a notch and you have this recipe. It’s seriously good – you have been warned. James Moffatt/ bauersyndication.com.au
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup firmly pressed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 185 g butter, melted
- 800 g condensed milk (2 tins)
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 60 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 60 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC on fan bake.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and pour over the melted butter. Mix together.
- Press into a lined slice tin and bake for 12 minutes until a light, golden brown.
- Let the base rest for 5 minutes out of the oven before pouring the hot caramel mixture over. This stops the base mixture floating into the caramel.
- Melt all filling ingredients together in a microwave for 3 minutes on High.
- Spread the caramel mix over the cooked base and fan bake at 160ºC until pale golden brown (allow 15 minutes) and the caramel is set. Cool before spreading over the icing.
- For the icing, microwave the chocolate and butter on medium for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave for a further 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then spread over cooled caramel.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.