Kumara rosti cakes with scallops and lemon cream
You don’t have to use scallops – cooked prawns or crab meat would also work.
- 3 cups orange, grated or gold kumara
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp celery salt
- spray oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 24 scallops
- 1/2 tsp lemon and dill seasoning
- 100 g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Combine the grated kumara, beaten eggs and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of kumara mixture into piles on baking paper-lined trays and flatten slightly. Spray generously with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Heat the oil and cumin seeds in a pan and sear scallops for 1-2 minutes each side until plump. Sprinkle with seasoning and set aside. Mash the cream cheese and lemon zest. Arrange rosti on a platter and add a dollop of lemon cream, top with a seared scallop and serve with chopped chives.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.