Jaffa chocolate crackle slice
Everyone's favourite childhood rice bubble creation gets an extra injection of Kiwi flavour in this Jaffa chocolate crackle slice recipe. It's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at your next sweet event
- 100 g Kremelta, chopped
- 180 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Jaffas, crushed
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 30 g Kremelta
- Line a 21cm square cake pan with baking paper. Place Kremelta and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until melted, then mix in the orange essence.
- Combine puffed rice and icing sugar in a bowl. Add chocolate mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into the pan. Cover with baking paper and compact the mixture firmly, levelling the top and compressing the mixture. Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate topping (see below).
- Pour chocolate topping over the slice and tap on bench to release air bubbles. Chill until almost set, then scatter the crushed Jaffas over the slice. Chill fully. When set, cut into squares with a serrated knife.
- Place chocolate and Kremelta in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Melt, stirring until liquid.