Italian chicken rice bake
Italian cuisine is the best comfort food! Try the mouth-watering easy chicken rice bake for your next meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 2 cups medium grain rice, rinsed
- 1 L Campbell’s Real Chicken Stock (4 cups)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- grated cheddar cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate (180C).
- Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish (16-cup capacity) over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in rice and paste. Add Campbell’s Real Chicken Stock and peas. Stir well to combine. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Transfer to oven.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, or until rice is just tender and liquid has almost been absorbed.
- Serve immediately with cheese.