I can still remember my mum making me and my sisters iced coffees when we were studying for our end-of-year school exams. I’m sure it was the caffeine and sugary ice cream that got us through!
- 750 ml cold espresso (strong plunger coffee is best)
- ice cubes
- 400 ml milk
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 100 ml cream, whipped with 2 tbsp caster sugar
- cinnamon, for dusting
- Pour cold espresso into tall glasses, add ice cubes, then top with milk.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to each glass, momentarily pushing the ice-cream ball down so it submerges in the liquid – this gives it a nice coating of coffee and milk.
- Top with whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon. Serve immediately.