This ice-cream pudding recipe is New Zealand's answer to the traditional British Christmas pudding, perfect for a hot summer Christmas. Prepare the day before so it can freeze overnight!
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp brandy, (optional)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 125 g raspberries
- 1 cup chopped mixed glacé fruit
- 100 g dark chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup slivered pistachios or almonds
- cherries to serve
- 1/4 cup cream
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp brandy (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and condensed milk together.
- Add brandy and mixed spice, beating to combine. Fold in fruit, chocolate and nuts.
- Line a 1.25-litre pudding basin or tall glass bowl with plastic wrap. Pour mixture into a cling film-lined basin or bowl. Smooth surface and fold over excess cling film. Freeze until firm.
- For the sauce, combine cream and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe jug. Microwave on medium power in 30-second bursts, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Stir in brandy and cool slightly.
- Turn ice cream out onto chilled serving platter (see tip). Remove cling film and smooth edges with a palette knife if required. Pour over sauce and garnish festively.