- 160 g cream cheese
- 20 g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 passionfruit, pulp
- 150 g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 225 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line an 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together until pale and creamy. Stir in pecans, carrot and pineapple.
- Fold sifted combined flours into creamed mixture alternately with combined buttermilk and eggs.
- Pour mixture into a pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool for 15 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar and passionfruit, beating until smooth.
- Spread icing over cooled slice. Cut into squares to serve.