Hot dogs, sausage recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 30 g butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 onions, cut into thin wedges
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 continental frankfurters
- 3/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 8 cornichons, chopped
- 4 hotdog rolls, split down the middle
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Heat oil and butter together in a saucepan on low. Stir in sugar and saute onion for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and golden. Stir tomatoes through and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place frankfurters in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil on medium and remove from heat. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and cornichons. Season to taste and set aside.
- To serve, spread a little mayonnaise mixture in each roll, sprinkle with cheese, then top with a frankfurter, onion mixture and some extra cheese.