Honey mustard chicken thighs with orzo pasta
For a tasty family meal that's ready in just 35 minutes, you can't go past this honey mustard chicken recipe. Simple yet full of flavour, these chicken thighs are delicious served with a creamy honey mustard sauce, veges and orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook orzo following packet instructions. Drain well.
- In a large frying pan, heat half the oil on high. Brown chicken for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil on high. Sauté capsicum, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until tender. Stir in honey, mustard and cream. Simmer, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Serve orzo topped with chicken mixture and scattered with peas and parsley.