Nici Wickes' dukkah recipe makes the perfect homemade gift this festive season. Try dipping olive oil-soaked bread into it or toss dukkah through a salad for added flavour and crunch
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (or hazelnuts)
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds – Nici used a mix of black and white
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Bake the macadamia nuts and almonds in a pan until they release their aroma and are lightly toasted – about 15-20 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Roast the seeds in a pan until toasted and aromatic.
- Blend all together with the salt, until roughly chopped.
- Cool, then transfer to jars.